“Positive Profile” student
Applicants who meet most or all of the factors below give immigration officer a greater assurance that they are likely to be genuine students in New Zealand.
What is “Positive Profile” student?
- Good academic record;
- IELTS score of at least 5.5 or evidence of having met English language entry requirements for the course of study in NZ, whichever is higher;
- Student’s immediate family’s verifiable evidence of funds to meet the educational and living expenses in NZ – including paper trails to explain any recent large deposits in accounts;
- Regular source of sufficient income of financial guarantors;
- Intended course of study relevant to qualifications and/or work experience
- Career progression opportunities;
- Clear health & character requirements
- Good academic record & study pattern
Apart from meeting the above criteria, the factors which would characterise Positive Profile Category A applications are:
- An overall score of 6.5 or above in the academic module of the IELTS test
- The intended course of study in New Zealand is Level 7 or above
What evidence do I need to show of my funds?
You need to show that you have sufficient funds to pay for your ongoing studies and living expenses for the duration of your studies.
- Tuition fee for language study: NZ$15,000 per year*
- Tuition fee for undergraduate study: NZ$20,000 to NZ$25,000per year*
- Living expense: NZ$15,000 per year*
- Total funds for one year language study plus three years degree study and living expense for 4 years: NZ$155,000.*(Note: Figures shown above are indicative only.)
- You will need to provide evidence to show that you or your family members have the income and/or assets to pay for your tuition fees and your stay in New Zealand.
- You also need to provide the evidence of the source of your funds and show that the funds are available for you to use.
For applicants from some countries, it is required to provide six months history of funds